We are looking for an experienced System Administrator/DevOps Engineer to help us with the maintenance of our complex IT infrastructure. The role consists of cross-location collaboration between Wrocław and Athens (Greece). The focus is on both Windows and Linux infrastructure.
About your Team
You will be part of a DevOps team that focuses on our complex infrastructure (100+ physical servers & 500+ VMs), deploying and operating various systems aiming in a high- volumeautomatedenvironment. Working closely with oursoftwareengineersproviding them support in all of their software development life cycle, resulting in cost-effectiveness infrastructure environments. Our infrastructure consists of Ubuntu 14.04 and 16.04 & Windows Server 2008 and 2012 R2 & SQL Server 2014.
About your Role
Being a DevOps Engineer, your focus will be on a Linux-based infrastructure and on a small scale on Windows as well, and more specifically
- Building scalable infrastructure to manage high-load systems, contributing to the production level course of the development team and maintaining two legacy back- office systems
- Monitoring, Logging, and Alerting, ensuring that systems and application are up and running all the time, using various automation tools
- Establishing key metrics, making sure that they are recorded frequently while building a proactive-environment mindset
- Following an infrastructure-as-a-code approach, securing that risk incidents would be minimized and isolated, while increasing system reliability
- Setting-up and troubleshooting Windows servers and databases (Windows Server 2008, 2012 R2 and SQL Server 2014)
- Collaborating heavily with other team members, solving problems together
- Participating in on-calls
Our ideal candidate should:
- Have 4+ years of relevant working experience
- Have experience with container-orchestration systems like Swarm or Kubernetes
- Have exposure to configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Know Windows and Linux servers and databases
- Be experienced in Virtualization platforms like ESXi
- Know how to tweak the operating system for high availability (network buffers, etc)
- Know how to configure IIS for high availability (increase min threads, incoming request) on any level (machine, framework, website, app pool, application)
- Know how to prepare the system for failover (DNS caching, DHCP)
- Know protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP
- Be ambitious, hardworking and enthusiastic attitude
- Have good communication and organizational skills
- Be fluent in English (spoken and written)
Nice to have
- Exposure to Continuous integration tools like Gitlab CI, and Monitoring tools like ELK, New Relic, Zabbix
Previous working experience in Agile environments
Perks we offer:
- Individual development path, conferences and trainings
- Interesting projects for the travel industry
- Flexible working hours (core hours 10am - 2pm)
- Private healthcare and Multisport card
- Free language lessons (English, German, Spanish
- The company’s corporate library
- Free fresh fruits and sandwiches
- Modern office in the city center
- Regular social events
We kindly inform that we will contact only with chosen candidates within 2 weeks from applying date.
P.S: Wondering what data we store and why when you're applying to our job openings?
I hereby consent to my personal data included in this CV being processed for recruitment purposes by ANIXE Polska sp. z o.o. having its registered seat in Wrocław, at ul. Grabiszyńska 251A, 53-234 Wrocław.